Monday, April 19

Suzy Homemaker

I have recently indulged myself with the idea that I can be a perfect housewife. This would include doing dishes, laundry, ironing on a weekly basis, not to mention having a clean house and dinner on the table by 5:00 p.m.
While dinner by five is not yet a possibility, (Chris gets home at 8:00 p.m.) the rest is achievable and a work in progress. I have been mastering the art of dish doing and I am happy to report that my sink has been free and clear of dishes for the past week!!
I have also been exploring the other aspects of homemaker-ness i.e. cooking, sewing, canning... I am happy to report that, although not an expert, I am steadily becoming better than I ever thought. However, I still have a long way to go.
My most recent venture was that of strawberry jam and homemade BBQ pizza. The pizza was for Chris' birthday so I knew I had to get it right. The jam, well, was for the sake of putting a bunch of neglected strawberries out of their misery.
My first batch of jam was...well...let's just say it didn't turn out quite like jam. Instead, it came out like the most fantasticly fresh and flavorful ice cream topping ever. Let's just say that I learned that following the directions is very important. The second batch turned out a lot better but has yet to be removed from the freezer and tasted. It looks lovely though.
The pizza was fantastically obedient to what I wanted it to do. The dough rose and the sauce turned out and the chicken was tender. Way to go Jen!! It's like Chef Gusteau says, " Anyone can cook".
The way I look at it, I am a few steps closer to my ideal persona. Here's to the homemakers everywhere who help me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment