Monday, May 17

Carrots Are All Thumbs



Nara had carrots for the first time this weekend. I had a time making them. First I tried to puree the carrots raw. Let me just tell you that it was very nasty, lumpy, and watery. It wasn't until later that the lights came on and I thought, "Perhaps I should cook them". Um...duh! I tossed them and started fresh, or cooked rather. The second time through went so much smoother. They didn't taste half bad and pureed nicely. How fun that was! She likes them a lot, but when I gave her applesauce afterward she made a face like none other. It was so funny.
I love my baby girl. She is so cute. She is making a habit of sleeping in her high chair and she is also becoming fond of her left thumb. Morning noon and night she seems to find that thing. I suppose she will just have to have it...since I cannot detach it and take it away. I have heard that it's good for babies to learn to sooth themselves with it, but I don't want to have an older child still sucking their thumb in the middle of Primary. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment