Wednesday, July 14

If each city could have a stamp in my nonexistant passport, I would have a stamp for Lodi, CA

It's been a long while since I last blogged, so here goes a brief Reader's Digest version of what has been going on...with pictures...
As Morgan family readers know, we had a family reunion in June. Kim and Tamina both have lovely blogs about all the details. Here are mine.
We went to Lodi, CA. LODI! 5 hours north of my hometown in Southern Cali. I have never been to Lodi and had a marvelous time. I think it is beginning to be a big game to add cities to 'Jen's visited list' because I am so excited to go anywhere.
Nara had such fun in the airplane and playing around with cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents and in the motel. She had her first swim of her life in Lodi, and I must say that she did really well. She was all about the water despite the chilly temperatures. Like my cute sunburn I got at Magic Mountain (which happens to be in Vallejo, a city I have never been). Nara had fun at Magic Mountain, so did we. It was so fun, and a totally different experience going with the kids. We saw animal shows and played and had so much fun. Thanks Mom and Dad!So cheesyCute Boys


The reunion was fun and so good to see and meet everyone on the Stewart side for the family including Grandma Zelma. They were so cute together and I know it was great for Grandma Great to see one of the newest great-grands
The boys played horseshoes during the reunion. It must have been a very intense game because they missed all of the games, prizes and socializing with cousins, aunts and uncles. Shame, boys. Good thing the wives were social. Poor little Nara was so hot in the Cali heat. We had to rid her of her shirt and douse her with water several times that day. Everyone loved her though. I don't think she had much time when she wasn't being held. All the new faces and heat wore her out though. She and Sarah were lucky and got a nap in the shadeRemember how I said that there were games at the reunion. This was one of them. The Elephant game. The point was to knock over soda cans with your "trunk" (hosiery with a tennis ball in the end) Adam was so cute playing with it afterward. Aunt Janelle said that when she was learning about the game, she thought that the hosiery was supposed to be tied around the waist. Luckily her boys helped her out there. Think about it.

So cute. Those girls lover their Nara

Fun, fun weekend. It was great going someplace new and being with family that we don't get to see all too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment