This fall, I have had an explosion of creativity. From it has come two (soon to be three) advent calendars, neigh unto two quilts, a tutu, and new recipies that fit into the South Beach diet plan. I'll let the photos do the talking and explain as I feel inspired to. Special thanks to the sisters and husband for all of the ideas and feedback on the projects.
Sunday, November 14
A Season of Crafts
This fall, I have had an explosion of creativity. From it has come two (soon to be three) advent calendars, neigh unto two quilts, a tutu, and new recipies that fit into the South Beach diet plan. I'll let the photos do the talking and explain as I feel inspired to. Special thanks to the sisters and husband for all of the ideas and feedback on the projects.
Boo! Just for kicks I thought it would be cool to make a quilt for all the major holidays to go on my couch. This was the first one I have completed. I designed it myself and had a lot of fun making it. I admit, it took a little while, but that is mostly because I had another project going on at the same time. Which, I have pictures of my Halloween advent calendar on my hard drive, so as soon as I get those off I will post them as well.
It is made of a combination of cotten fabrics, two different satins, fleece, and glow in the dark. The back is polk-a-dot in black white and grey. I should have taken a picture of that too...Oh well, who wants to see the back anyway. I like the front better.
I tried a new technique of sewing the seams out instead of down. Then I snipped them to create a frayed look. I thought it was really cool, especially on the "haunted house"
Almost done with Mr. Turkey advent calendar. Every day, the kids can pull off a feather until Thanksgiving when he will be "bald". I designed him so that the kids can feed him felt food everyday as well. His tummy sticks out so there is plenty of space for lots of yummies. (More pictures of that to come as I make them.)
Egg cups. Love them. Talk about breakfast on the go. Just pop a couple of these spinach, ham, cheese filled lovlies in the microwave and you have breakfast on the go. Easy to make too. 15 eggs and whatever else you want in a bowl then divide into cupcake liners, bake for ...30 min? They get gilden on the top and are really good. South Beach friendly too.
Another fun S.B. diet food that Chris made. It's a pumpkin pie with Splenda in it instead of sugar and a pecan crust. It was pretty good. It's even better when you have after not having any sugar for two weeks in phase one of the diet. After that, anything tastes good :) But this is tasty. A little heavy on the Splenda, but next time we are going to cut back on that.
While I have been doing all this fun stuff, Nara has been a doll. She plays and helps and gets into everything just so she can be involved. So cute! This picture was taken on Halloween night- hence the pumpkin on her pants.
This fall, I have had an explosion of creativity. From it has come two (soon to be three) advent calendars, neigh unto two quilts, a tutu, and new recipies that fit into the South Beach diet plan. I'll let the photos do the talking and explain as I feel inspired to. Special thanks to the sisters and husband for all of the ideas and feedback on the projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I LOVE how the quilt turned out! Your turkey is pretty darn cute too! I need to find a cord for my card reader so I can do my blog so you can see my turkey. Ben says that it is cute :) Way to go with the cooking and sewing. Homely stuff if I do say so :)
ReplyDeleteDarling quilt. Darling, happy baby too.
ReplyDeleteWow! You're so cute and crafty! :) Love it!
ReplyDelete