Saturday, April 10

Confessions of a Housewife

Friends forgive me for I have sinned.
My bed is unmade and my
dishes are in the sink! Do you ever feel like you get behind on things? My idea of a perfect housewife is someone who has the kitchen clean all week, the bed made, the house straight and dinner on the table by 5:30. However, the modern housewife I am not. I'm trying really hard to be all that I want to be, and continually fall short. I do see myself getting closer though. I also have to remember that I just had a baby and that it is okay to let the dishes go if it means taking a nap, spending time with my busy husband, or taking care of Nara. Life is about the journey as much as it is about the destination. Next week, I intend on keeping the dishes out of the sink all week! Here goes nothing.

3 comments:

  1. I came, I saw, and now I have left my mark that I have been here on your blog. (I expect the same once I actually get mine updated too.) I love, love, love your blogging start! Can't wait to see what you muse about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I have been so bad about blogging. In fact I think my last blog post is about Easter 2009! Didn't even take a family Easter pic this year. Good for you...I hope you can keep up the blogging better than I have:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One step at a time. That's what it takes. Don't try to do it all at once, just focus on one thing at a time and keep adding things until you are where you want to be. It may take a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete