Monday, February 28
Sunken Bread
Congratulate me, audience! I successfully (kind of) made a loaf of bread maker bread. Can I say that I made it? It did in fact come from the machine, so technically, I guess, the machine made it. Regardless, it wasn't bad bread. The crust was delightfully crunchy and the inside was soft and chewy. The most fascinating part was that the top, rather than rising, sunk. Therefore and verily it looks more like a dormant volcanic crater rather than a luscious loaf of billowing bread. Still, slather on some jam, jelly, and or butter and it's a fair snack. Next time I try it, hopefully I can make it the way it should be. Until then, I think I will stick to the old fashioned way, machine free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's weird Jen, how that turned out, but I'm sure it is delish.
ReplyDeleteAh, the mastering of the bread maker. That's okay...I've made banana bread before in the bread maker and it's tasted weird (because I left out an ingredient or something), or flour is all on the outside of the bread. Still, your bread looks good.
ReplyDeleteI am so sad to hear (and see!) about the sinking of your bread. I mourn your loss. But I am so glad to see that you are blogging again! Just the kick I needed. Off I go to my posterous!
ReplyDelete